Sunday, December 12, 2004

Obituary: Irving Perlman - Class of 1935

MADISON - Irving Perlman will be remembered as a nice guy and a good person. He died on Saturday, Nov. 27, 2004, at the home he shared with his son, daughter-in-law and grandsons. He was born in Madison on Jan. 3, 1917. He lived in Madison his whole life. He died a mere six blocks from the house where he was raised. He was loved. Irv grew up in Madison's Greenbush neighborhood. He attended Longfellow School and Central High. He worked at Perlman's Clothing Store and later for the State of Wisconsin. He was married twice and widowed twice. He had a son, Steve; daughter-in-law, Rachel; and three grandsons, Jacob, Reuven and Asher. His brother, Al lives in New York. He loved his family and they loved him. Irving was preceded in death by his wives, Bertha and Becky; his brother, Max; and his sister, Emily P. Isenstadt. Irving was a decent, honest man. He worked to provide for his family and he played the hand that he was dealt without complaint. He will be missed. A memorial will be held at the family home, 1414 Drake St. in Madison on Tuesday, Dec. 28, 2004, from 6 p.m. until 8 p.m. His friends are invited. Donations in Irv's memory may be made to either HospiceCare Meru Project or WORT Listener Sponsored Community Radio. "And when were dancing and youre dangerously near me I get ideas I get ideas I want to hold you so much closer than I dare to I want to scold you 'cause I care more than I care to And when you touch me and there's fire in every finger I get ideas I get ideas I kinda think you get ideas, too Doodle-ee-doo"

Originally published in the Wisconsin State Journal on December 12, 2004

Note: Irving Perlman's class year is based on information in the 1935 Orange & Black yearbook, where he is pictured among the seniors graduating in January.

No comments: