Monday, April 30, 2007

Obituary: Charmayne (Robbins) Brown

WAUNAKEE - Charmayne Brown, age 78, passed away unexpectedly from a stroke on Friday, April 27, 2007. She was born on July 1, 1928, in Waukesha, the daughter of Alice Oehler-Jones and Delmier Robbins. Charmayne grew up in Waupun and later moved to Madison. She graduated from Central High School with her future husband, Brad. They were married on May 24, 1947, at Bethel Lutheran Church in Madison and were happily and lovingly married for just under 60 years. Charmayne was a beloved wife, mother and grandmother. Survivors include her husband, Brad Brown of Waunakee; two daughters, Barbara Keating of Madison and Betsy Brown (Wendy Williams) of Flagstaff, Ariz.; two grandchildren, Genna (Craig) Roller and Steven Keating; and five great-grandchildren, Jory Keating, Misty, Alizabeth, Samantha and Tabitha Roller. Charmayne's life was enhanced by her two pets Shih Tzus, Pookie and Debbie. She was preceded in death by her grandparents, Augusta and Albin Oehler; her mother, Alice; and father, Delmier. Memorial services will be held at the GUNDERSON WEST FUNERAL HOME, 7435 University Ave., Middleton, on Thursday, May 3, 2007, at 1 p.m. Inurnment will be in Sunset Memory Gardens. A visitation will be held at the funeral home on Thursday from 11 a.m. until time of the service. In lieu of flowers, memorials may be made to the Dane County Humane Society or a Charity of one's choice. Gunderson West Funeral and Cremation Centers 7435 University Ave.

Originally published in the Wisconsin State Journal on April 30, 2007

1 comment:

D Strand said...

Thanks for this obituary, Nadine. It was very nostalgic and informative to me. As I started reading it, I thought that it was just another person that I didn't know, but when I got to Charmagne's daughter, Barbara Keating, I said they were my neighbors for twenty years. We lived two doors down from the Brown's on the 900 block of East Miflin Street all those years. Barbara and I played together as kids for some ten years. That really takes me back! My mother, Theodora, who passed away in 1997, would have liked to have sent her condolences to the Brown family as she talked with Charmagne from time to time and always enjoyed it. They went to different high schools together, my mother to East and Charmagne to Central, I now know! I really didn't know anything about the Browns after they left Mifflin Street around 1970. We moved from 932 East Mifflin to Toban Drive in 1973.
My sincere condolences to the entire Brown family and especially to Barbara! God Bless!!